Sunday, July 22, 2007

Puddled Mride

I'm feeling about as muddled as I ever have,
but look, I find an amazon review for Dexter Bexley like this:

"My children, ages 3 and 7, insist that I read this book to them every night. My 3 year old has memorized the words so that she can "read" along with me. It's a wonderful story with beautiful illustration. We love it so much, we are now searching for everything by Joel Stewart to add to our collection."

And I feel about as proud as I ever have, too.

I had one book that I memorized that way as a child, and it has remained that important ever since.

4 comments:

Stephanie Roth Sisson said...

That's so great! Kids all over, diggin' your book.

What was the book you memorized?

Joel Stewart said...

Guess...

Stephanie Roth Sisson said...

War and Peace?

Joel Stewart said...

Do you know, with that I'd get up to page 63 and then I'd just begin to forget lines, or recite them in the wrong order...