Monday, August 20, 2007

little celebrations

Well, having worked most of sunday on it, sailing in a pot of Jasmine tea, I just typed what is for now the final sentence of Stanley Wells book 2 (I've no idea of the title just yet). Now I think I will go on a hunt for a bottle of the very expensive single malt whisky that I developed a taste for in Scotland (alongside a very fun scottish accent, which has sadly slipped away). It may take a while to find, so hopefully I won't start the drinking until a decent hour.

By mid-week I want to have gone through the draft and tidied up what I can at this stage, so that I can send it off to find out what my editor thinks.

3 comments:

Dave Shelton said...

What's the whisky, Joel? Very rarely drink the stuff myself but I've learned to recognise a few of the names through years of buying the stuff for me dad, Christmases and birthdays (I remember once coming off my bike with a bottle of Scapa - that was three years older than I was at the time - in my bag and flying through the air thinking "please don't smash, please don't smash...") He eventually discovered MacAllan and never looked back.

Joel Stewart said...

Oh, it's not even all that expensive by whisky standards, only by mine, 14 yr old Oban. I just enjoyed it a lot when I was away. Now I notice that another malt from the range is the one distilled right next to my father's house in the Lowlands, so I'll have to try that next...

Dave Shelton said...

Ooh, I don't know, I think I would class that as quite expensive by my (and my dad's) standards too. But it's true, you can pay a lot more.